Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pray for Me: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Strikes Unexpectedly

I HATE THIS!
-What?
-BECOMING EXHAUSTED!

By Pamela Rae Schufferet presenting investigative journalism from a Biblical Christin perspective-


How many of you readers hate to become exhausted or incapacitated??? I know that I do! Independent people and "go-gettum" types like me simply HATE anything to impede our progress and prevent us from accomplishing our goals. Most of us do. My grandiose travel plans for this week-end have just been shot down. Poof!

Why??? 

Well, an interesting turn of events has taken place here at the Christian retreat where I have been preparing to head out west for my PRAYER JOURNEY ACROSS AMERICA

While staying at the home of a wonderful Christian couple here, CFS (chronic fatigue syndrome) struck without warning. Deep exhaustion attacked every cell in my body. I found myself suffering physical symptoms I never have typically. 
Simply walking from my bed to the restroom at night became a monumental feat, and going up and down the stairs in my friends' home has been an immense struggle. 

No matter how much sleep I tried to get, my body screamed out for MORE, all day long. I have struggled with sleepiness and exhaustion 24/7/ It has become a challenge just to mentally command my legs to go up and down the stairs in their large home.

None of this is ever normal for me. Today, I was finally compelled to perform research on the Internet regarding my puzzling symptoms. I realized that I was not suffering from any actual illness, but rather cumulative exhaustion from 9 months of ministry and stress non-stop...and it's no one's fault. Especially not the fault of the people I have been helping throughout those months. I am glad to help others in crisis, and it was totally Scriptural to do so. I wish I could do more to help others.

However, our bodies actually require deep rest periodically, especially after intense crisis and labor or stress. And mine is no different. I have been forced to face reality, that even I can grow weary and exhausted from prolonged stress and overwork (something I hate to admit.)


And so, I am taking the time to "smell the flowers" in the Christian retreat I am visiting as I stay at the home of my Christian friends here. Just taking a few extra days off from traveling on the road, and spending time in the Presence of Jesus for total rest and recovery. Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Let's face it: we all need to this this in our busy lives. Some of us are often so busy helping others, that we rarely take time for ourselves. Well, now I have been forced to...and maybe that's a good thing after all!

Jesus calls us from our busy world, even from helping others at times, so we can take the time to "smell the flowers" and to REST IN HIM. If He hadn't allowed these somewhat scary physical symptoms to emerge, I probably would not have done this...but I am now very glad I did.

And so, I am going to break out my musical instrument of praise and worship, cozy up to Jesus my Savior and Restorer of my health, find a beautiful spot under some trees, and let His promises do their work and refreshing and restoring me fully before moving on in this PRAYER JOURNEY ACROSS AMERICA.

For all you work-a-holics, this is something YOU need to do as well. Take time to be with Jesus, let Him restore you completely, and smell the flowers. You will be so glad you did. I am...and soon I will feel much better, and so will you.


"Come unto me, all ye that labour 
and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you REST."
~Jesus Christ~

Pamela Rae Schuffert reporting from NC

3 comments:

  1. Pam your body is full of fungus. Go to Doug Kauffman's web site called knowthecause.com and you will see what to do. Doug is a Christian. CFS is cured by the phase one diet, probiotics, and antifungals like oil of oregano and olive leaf extract. The Phase One diet will be introduced to you on Doug's website!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is confirmation sister; we are all to be resting in Him now. Very challenging and exciting days are coming soon. Please watch the video on Youtube titled, "My Bride"...posted a few days ago.....a word from our Lord. It will refresh you my sis. Your in my prayers
    -sister Morgan in Oregon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good blog! You've obviously put a lot of time and effort into researching the NWO. I would just encourage you to expose the Jesuit Order more, considering they're the ultimate leaders of the illuminati power structure. If you want to see several online photo albums that expose the fact that the Jesuits secretly rule the world, then I would strongly urge you to visit the following website and click on the link that says "photos." Let's just say, the pictures don't lie... JESUITS.WEBS.COM

    ReplyDelete